Technology Requirements for Center Coursework
Whether studying on campus or online, technology plays a significant role in teaching and learning at the Center.
All students will utilize computer skills in advocacy work, which involves writing email and other correspondence to clients, conducting online research, tracking client work in web-based case management software (training will be provided), and utilizing word processing and other programs to complete assignments and client work. Students should be comfortable creating and saving new documents, storing electronic files, and navigating a web-based database.
Therefore, you must have sufficient technology, internet access, and computer skills to complete the tasks required.
Hardware and Software Requirements:
- Operating System
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X (10.7 or higher)
- You need sufficient internet bandwidth/speed to complete all tasks required in our courses. For the Applied Advocacy Experience this includes activities such as frequent video conferencing and telephone calls via your computer.
- Video & Sound
- Headset with microphone (REQUIRED)
- Webcam (REQUIRED)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Chrome (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Check to see what browser you are using now and if you need to update at www.whatbrowser.org.
- Browser Plugins
- Java (free)
- Adobe Reader (free) or Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Flash Player (free)
- You must have the ability to send and receive e-mail from your computer
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions about the above requirements.